You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-22 18:16:35

bootlegger

A Manual?

Might be useful if there was a windows .chm file for commands available in grrlib. 
Is this forum actually live?

#2 2008-06-22 19:16:31

NoNameNo
Administrator

Re: A Manual?

to know all GRRLib functions, just open the GRRLIB.h and to know how to use it (if you really need help for some) i posted kind of tutorials on the website part wink and for more infos there is the forum wink

#3 2008-06-23 07:47:59

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

Maybe you should think of using Doxygen (http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/) for your code. It's simply a way of making comments so a manual could be generated with the source code.

This is the way libOGC is generating there docs: http://libogc.devkitpro.org/

#4 2008-06-23 17:26:37

_CONEJO

Ummm maybe i'm wrong but ... as far as i know doxygen only is usefull if the code is commented, if not, the ouput will be something like GRRLIB.h (yeah in html and with colors!).

I thougth that GRRLIB is pretty "self-explanatory" and easy to understand. But it's true, perhaps it's lacking some "tutorials" (but they are there! day1 day2 ...).

I just downloaded it yesterday (a weekend full of work) This week i have my final exam, and i have to come back to my country so, perhaps at the weekend i have some time to start coding some examples & demos ^_____^

#5 2008-06-23 22:21:23

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

I agree with you _CONEJO, GRRLIB is not so complicated but still it could be improved simply by adding some doxygen code. Like that we won't need to go online to see what to pass to the function. Here is simple example:

Code:

/**
 * Plot a dot.
 * @param x the X position of your dot.
 * @param y the Y position of your dot.
 * @param color value of your dot.
 */
inline void GRRLIB_Plot(f32 x,f32 y, u32 color){
   Vector  v[]={{x,y,0.0f}};
   GXColor c[]={GRRLIB_Splitu32(color)};

GRRLIB_NPlot(v,c,1);
}

For GRRLIB 3.0 the variables name are a lot better, before it was taking a few minutes to figure out what the hell I needed to put.
If the project was on SVN I would add the comments myself, but since it's not I'll need to wait for someone to do it. sad

Board footer