You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-03 17:42:22

gerald fitz

Help installing

I need help installing the GRRLIB into my compiler. I am using devkitpro(and programmers notepad with it) and I don't really understand fully how to install the library.
I would just like a step by step guide so I can compile the template successfully.
Thanks.

Last edited by gerald fitz (2008-07-03 18:01:57)

#2 2008-07-03 18:06:31

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

Re: Help installing

What errors do you got?

Are you trying to compile C or C++ code?

#3 2008-07-03 18:14:31

gerald fitz

Here's the output I get:

Code:

> "make" 
template.cpp
c:\devkit\devkitppc\bin\../lib/gcc/powerpc-gekko/4.2.3/../../../../powerpc-gekko/include/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.h:21: warning: inline function 'void GRRLIB_FillScreen(u32)' used but never defined
linking ... template.elf
template.o: In function `main':
c:/Devkit/examples/wii/template/source/template.cpp:26: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_InitVideo()'
c:/Devkit/examples/wii/template/source/template.cpp:27: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Start()'
c:/Devkit/examples/wii/template/source/template.cpp:33: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_FillScreen(unsigned int)'
c:/Devkit/examples/wii/template/source/template.cpp:35: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Render()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Devkit/examples/wii/template/template.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:01

The files ending is .cpp so I guess it is compiling with c++ code. What should I be compiling with?

#4 2008-07-03 18:57:35

RedShade

Is the GRRLIB.c in the same folder as your template?

#5 2008-07-03 20:02:29

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

gerald fitz wrote:

The files ending is .cpp so I guess it is compiling with c++ code. What should I be compiling with?

If you don't know C++, you should start with C, it's easier to use with GRRLIB and all examples are coded in C.

Don't forget to answer RedShade.

#6 2008-07-03 20:29:38

gerald fitz

RedShade wrote:

Is the GRRLIB.c in the same folder as your template?

No. Should it be? I'll test that now.

EDIT: It worked! Thanks so much!
Also, Crayon, isn't C++ pretty much the same thing as C, except with extra features added? So, if I don't use those extra features, does it really matter?
Oh well, thanks a lot anyway.

Last edited by gerald fitz (2008-07-03 20:32:28)

#7 2008-07-03 20:51:58

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

gerald fitz wrote:

Also, Crayon, isn't C++ pretty much the same thing as C, except with extra features added? So, if I don't use those extra features, does it really matter?.

You need to add extra line of code to make GRRLIB work in C++ and you could have warning that don't come out in a C project.

Board footer