You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-13 21:26:08

firelance

Making a menu and loading a video

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to wii development and I had a couple questions about it.

First of all, does anyone have a tutorial or sample code for making a menu?  Basically what I'm trying to do is make a menu and have the user be able to scroll through the menu using the D-pad keys.  I have the code set up for making texture images for each of the menu images I want to load, but how do I make it so that they will load based on the last screen they were on and what direction they pushed on the wii d-pad.  If the d-pad ting is too complicated I would just like to learn how to scroll through a series of menu pictures basically.  I am trying to have a title screen that will become a warning screen for the game once the user presses A, then it will proceed to the title menu.

I would post my code, but at the moment it only contains the template and loading pictures to texture buffers. 

Also, is there a way to load in a video?  All we are trying to do is make an option to load a video from the sd card from the title menu, it is essentially a tutorial for the "game" itself.  The video is only about a minute long.

Can anyone post a decent tutorial or does anyone have any time in the next couple days to maybe talk on irc about methods to answer questions about it?  A crash course on this would be awesome considering that the project of making a homebrew game was assigned to us by the university and no one has any background with wii development (although many of us are familiar with java and c programming). 

Thanks for any help, and it is all greatly appreciated,
FL

#2 2010-02-14 05:46:57

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

Re: Making a menu and loading a video

GRRLIB does not play video, if you want you may look at the source code of these projects: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebre … ia_players

I think no one has done any menu with GRRLIB so far, so I think there is any tutorial about that.

#3 2010-02-15 22:47:50

firelance

Is it possible to run a video in response to a button being pressed on the Wii?  So initially my program will open and the titlescreen will show, but I am trying to run a video if the user presses the A button, so is there a way to run MPlayer in grrlib to run this video?

#4 2010-02-16 07:57:06

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

firelance wrote:

Is it possible to run a video in response to a button being pressed on the Wii?

Yes.

firelance wrote:

is there a way to run MPlayer in grrlib to run this video?

No

Board footer