You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-22 21:25:24

tribasic

[RESOLVED] Question about Makefile

I don't totally understand Makefiles, and I'm trying to get the DUMB or Mikmod libraries to work on my Wii. I know this may be over my head, but I figured I would ask anyway.

The reason I'm trying to get one of these libraries to work is because the gcmodplay library that comes with libogc does not play chip music .mod files properly. In fact it sounds terrible. Mostly static instead of music!

I was looking at the Wii DragonMedia Player source code because the guy who made this program used both the DUMB and Mikmod libraries in his program.

DragonMedia Player Source Code:
http://wii.brewology.com/?page=fileInfo … &d=320

I noticed that in his Makefile he has the following:

TARGET        :=    $(notdir $(CURDIR))
BUILD        :=    build
SOURCES        :=    source source/dumb/core source/dumb/helpers source/dumb/it \
                source/mikmod/drivers source/mikmod/loaders source/mikmod/mmio \
                source/mikmod/playercode source/mpg123 source/vorbis \
                source/FLAC
DATA        :=    data 
INCLUDES    :=    include include/internal source/mpg123 include/flac \
                source/flac/include

Now, my question is, if his SOURCES and INCLUDES paths are pointing to the source code for those libraries, are they being compiled? And if they are compiled, would I be able to use MikMod or Dumb commands in my program? Does this mean that those libraries are included in my main program now? So far I haven't had any luck getting anything to work.

Thanks,

Tribasic

#2 2009-10-22 21:39:56

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

Re: [RESOLVED] Question about Makefile

I guess that you are trying to compile the code of the library to bunch .o that will be linked to your main program?
Because the other way would be to compile a library as a .a file that you would add to this line:

Code:

LIBS    :=    -lpng -ljpeg ....

tribasic wrote:

Now, my question is, if his SOURCES and INCLUDES paths are pointing to the source code for those libraries, are they being compiled? And if they are compiled, would I be able to use MikMod or Dumb commands in my program? Does this mean that those libraries are included in my main program now?

Question 1: yes, check the build folder to see the .o files.
Question 2: yes, just include the proper header files to your program.
Question 3: yes they should be.

#3 2009-10-22 21:47:57

tribasic

Re: [RESOLVED] Question about Makefile

Hey Crayon!

Thanks  for helping me to understand more about Makefiles. It makes it easier for me to figure out whats going on.

I'm going to mess around with it some more and see if I can get this to work. 

Thanks!!

Board footer