You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-08 02:56:55

tribasic

GRRLIB Issues

I have a couple questions about the latest GRRLIB.

I decided to upgrade to the latest Devkitpro, and install the latest SVN version of GRRLIB. Is it normal to get a bunch of warnings during the GRRLIB install?

And once it's installed, I get a bunch of warnings when I compile my programs. I just wondered if this is normal behaviour.

I also have one final question about the latest SVN version of GRRLIB. I made a program where I'm scrolling a screen of tiles that are 320x320. When I wrote my program I think I was using GRRLIB 4.1, and it worked perfect! But with the latest GRRLIB, my tile scrolling routine seems to cause my graphics to flicker and stuff. Does this mean that my tiles are too big to scroll? I know in earlier versions of GRRLIB, if I moved a big image too far off screen, it would cause 'flickering effects' that were similar to this.

Thanks for any help,

Tribasic

Last edited by tribasic (2009-11-08 02:57:25)

#2 2009-11-08 03:24:10

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

Re: GRRLIB Issues

tribasic wrote:

I have a couple questions about the latest GRRLIB.

I decided to upgrade to the latest Devkitpro, and install the latest SVN version of GRRLIB. Is it normal to get a bunch of warnings during the GRRLIB install?

And once it's installed, I get a bunch of warnings when I compile my programs. I just wondered if this is normal behaviour.

This is cause by the newlib or gcc update in devkitPro. For now the quick way to resolve the problem is to modify grrlib.h, replace this line:

Code:

#  define INLINE extern inline

by this one:

Code:

#  define INLINE static inline

tribasic wrote:

I also have one final question about the latest SVN version of GRRLIB. I made a program where I'm scrolling a screen of tiles that are 320x320. When I wrote my program I think I was using GRRLIB 4.1, and it worked perfect! But with the latest GRRLIB, my tile scrolling routine seems to cause my graphics to flicker and stuff. Does this mean that my tiles are too big to scroll? I know in earlier versions of GRRLIB, if I moved a big image too far off screen, it would cause 'flickering effects' that were similar to this.

I think NoNameNo is working on that issue.

#3 2009-11-08 05:30:38

tribasic

Re: GRRLIB Issues

Hi Crayon! Thanks for helping me understand whats happening with the new GRRLIB library.

You guys have been doing a great job with GRRLIB. It keeps getting better and better! And I love the support that we get from the GRRLIB team.

Thanks!

Tribasic

Board footer