You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-17 21:37:23

Undefined references to a few GRRLIB commands

Hello again.  I am trying to transfer my project over to a different computer.  I think I have it set up like on the previous computer, but I get these errors:

> "make"
linking ... template.elf
template.o: In function `main':
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:287: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Rectangle'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:299: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Rectangle'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:720: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Plot'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:726: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Rectangle'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/template.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:04

It can't find the rectangle, plot, load texture functions (there may be functions that it can't find that I'm not using).  Can somebody help?  I was about to release the first version of my program sad

#2 2008-07-17 21:44:27

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

Re: Undefined references to a few GRRLIB commands

I got a stupid question, did you include the libarry with the good path in template.c:
#include "GRRLIB.h"

#3 2008-07-17 22:12:09

I did have #include "GRRLIB/GRRLIB.h", and changed to just #include "GRRLIB.h".  Here is the log.

> "make"
template.c
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c: In function 'main':
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:275: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:281: warning: implicit declaration of function 'GRRLIB_Rectangle'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:289: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:289: error: too few arguments to function 'GRRLIB_Line'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:292: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:294: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:294: error: too few arguments to function 'GRRLIB_Line'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:295: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:295: error: too few arguments to function 'GRRLIB_Line'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:296: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:296: error: too few arguments to function 'GRRLIB_Line'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:297: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:297: error: too few arguments to function 'GRRLIB_Line'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:203: warning: unused variable 'held'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:707: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:711: error: too few arguments to function 'GRRLIB_Line'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:712: error: too few arguments to function 'GRRLIB_Line'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:713: error: too few arguments to function 'GRRLIB_Line'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:714: warning: implicit declaration of function 'GRRLIB_Plot'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:729: error: too few arguments to function 'GRRLIB_Line'
make[1]: *** [template.o] Error 1

> Time Taken: 00:00

It still says it can't the same specific functions, and its also complaining about there being too few arguments in GRRLIB_Line, when it has all the arguments.  For example: GRRLIB_Line(100,100,100,380,0xff00aaff); is line 295.

Last edited by rockybulwinkle (2008-07-17 22:17:41)

#4 2008-07-18 00:27:19

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

When you look at GRRLIB.h does it have this text at the top?

Code:

/*===========================================
        GRRLIB (GX version) 3.0.1 alpha
        Code     : NoNameNo
        GX hints : RedShade
===========================================*/

If not download the latest file.

#5 2008-07-18 04:21:33

Yes, both the C and H files are 3.0.1a

#6 2008-07-18 15:13:21

RedShade

Are the files all in the same folder? Have you tried clean and rebuilding?

#7 2008-07-18 16:08:55

Btw, crayon, I've just realized that when you had me change #include "GRRLIB/GRRLIB.h" to #include "GRRLIB.h",  it was linking to GRRLIB v1.6.5.  I've changed it back so it is 3.0.1a.  When I was checking the version, I stupidly didn't look at source/GRRLIB.h instead of source/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.h.

So I'm still getting those errors........

#8 2008-07-18 19:44:54

RedShade

I once again ask if GRRLIB.c is in the folder with your template.c, so that the compiler will find it and make the object file.

If you mean "Those errors" as the ones mentioned on the top:

Errors from the top say: We aren't compiling GRRLIB.c, or can not find the compiled object file, please include it so we can link those functions you are referring to

Last edited by RedShade (2008-07-18 19:45:45)

#9 2008-07-18 21:50:32

Yes, it should be able to find it.  It can't find GRRLIB_Rectangle, but it can find all the others.  If I do comment out the GRRLIB_Rectangle, it does let me compile it.  However, my Wii just displays a black screen, and the Wiimotes don't connect.

#10 2008-10-30 04:11:31

The problem came back... the grrlib are in a folder named grrlib in the main folder.  here is my log:

> "make"
template.c
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c: In function 'main':
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:210: warning: unused variable 'held'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:180: warning: unused variable 'radians'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:179: warning: unused variable 'pix'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:178: warning: unused variable 'picy'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:177: warning: unused variable 'picx'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:174: warning: unused variable 'disn'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:173: warning: unused variable 'disl'
linking ... template.elf
template.o: In function `main':
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:288: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Rectangle'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:300: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Rectangle'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:721: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Plot'
c:/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/source/template.c:727: undefined reference to `GRRLIB_Rectangle'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/devkitpro/examples/wii/template/template.elf] Error 1

> Time Taken: 00:05

I've finally have had the chance to move back to my laptop, after its screen broke... I really want to get started on my program again... if your interested in which one it is, it is the Gravity program.

Last edited by rockybulwinkle (2008-10-30 04:14:04)

Board footer