You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-30 20:02:04

RedShade

Questions/ Requests for future Demos + Tutorials

This topic is not so much feature requests as more requests for "How can I do X or Y?". I'm interested in what people want to be able to do with GRRLIB. Some may be doable with current functions, others may lead to new functions in future releases (Stop me whenever you want, NoNameNo, although I could probably just code some solutions and you can take what you think is useful if you want).

I'm not sure if Isometric view would fit with this library since GRRLIB is set up to be a 2D view and it would probably be easier to do fake-Isometric with real 3D given GX setup. I've been thinking my GXR library will probably be re-written to cover full-3D things, and another library might need to be written for gaming framework things. Unless people feel otherwise, I'd think any 2D feature/techniques would be free to suggestions for tutorials and demos.

Last edited by RedShade (2008-06-30 20:03:53)

#2 2008-07-29 01:46:33

euan_c

Re: Questions/ Requests for future Demos + Tutorials

please can you post a tutorial on moving pngs and changing the image

#3 2008-07-29 11:10:57

Wil

I could probably write you a little example program if you were more specific?

#4 2008-07-29 15:57:48

RedShade

changing the image? changing the texture's colors around? warping the texture? doing an animation?

#5 2008-07-31 19:41:39

euan_c

i mean like if you press a key on the wiimote, make it move and animate it. the answer is probably simple, but i an a n00b.

#6 2008-08-01 00:26:47

RedShade

Sort of starts tying in wiimote specific usage. Do you want it to be based on button, accelerometer(most fun probably), pointer, combination, or something else? It seems like a good topic to show off matrix usage at least :-)

Board footer