You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-12 19:52:40

fatquack

[RESOLVED] Sounds not working

On the DOL and the ELF that comes with demo one, the sound plays. When I compile it myself (without editing any code), it does not play.  Please tell me why.

#2 2009-07-13 07:19:18

TPAINROXX

Re: [RESOLVED] Sounds not working

You might need to be more specific (if possible). I looked over the source, but didn't compile it myself. I wouldn't really worry about it any as GRRLIB is a graphics library and not a audio library.  You might want to try messing with stuff, but it's not a GRRLIB problem.

#3 2009-07-13 08:47:06

fatquack

But hopefully you know how to fix it, as the creators of grrlib have clearly got the code working before.  I cannot be much more specific.  It compiles Okay and everything else is fine, just it is silent and I have not touched the code at all.

#4 2009-07-13 15:03:00

tribasic

If you're talking about the GRRLIB demo not having any audio, the problem is because the latest Libogc was updated to use ASND for the audio.

You'll need to edit your MAKEFILE to include LASND in the libs section. So it would look similar to this:

LIBS    :=    -lpng -ljpeg -lz -lmodplay -lfat -lwiiuse -lbte -lm -lasnd -logc

Just make sure you put -lasnd BEFORE -logc. The order is important, otherwise it won't work.

The other thing you need to do is include ‘asndlib.h’ in your MAIN.C file. So add this:

Code:

#include <asndlib.h>

And the last thing you need to do to your MAIN.C file is add ASND_Init(); before MODPlay_Init(&snd1);

I think this should get your sound back. I'm at work right now so I can't check my file. I'm just going by memory.

Board footer