You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-13 21:30:23

BlueChip

V4.1.0 Released

Version 4.1.0 is now available in svn trunk

New features
# GRRLIB compiles to a proper C Library
# jpeglib has got some bug fixes not available in the official release
# Installer for vendor libraries (jpeg, png, pngu)
# Makefile for GRRLIB
# Many (all suitable) functions are now inlined[1]
# Support for the recent changes to libogc[2]
# Alpha compositor function added
# Alpha compositor example added
# Correct use of pointers (no more struct passing)[3]

[1] Although I have not decompiled a program to double check this
[2] If you are using a version of libogc later than v1.7.1a/svn3649, you will need to add   -DNOGUFIX   to the compiler flags in your makefile
[3] Occurences of   GRRLIB_texImg   should be replaced with   GRRLIB_texImg*

Notes
After everything is installed, simply put
    #include <grrlib.h>
at the top of your .c file and use the functions as normal

You will also need to add
    -lgrrlib -lpngu -lpng -ljpeg -lz
to the libs line in your makefile

For a simple example of this (and a much more readable makefile than that supplied with devkitpro) see the composition example

More extensive notes on the changes in this version can be found in this thread: http://grrlib.santo.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?id=186

BlueChip

I can be found on efnet, freenode, msn, gtalk, aim, ychat & icq ...PM me for details

#2 2009-08-14 22:56:49

NoNameNo
Administrator

Re: V4.1.0 Released

nice work !! lemme read check out this release wink

#3 2009-08-19 09:25:39

jespa

I am having problems with 4.1 installation process

trunk\GRRLIB\lib\install.bat  and trunk/GRRLIB/lib/jpeg/Makefile try to
install libjpeg by copying a precompiled set of files from trunk\GRRLIB\lib\jpeg\lib\wii\*.a

but that directory is empty, even  after doing a svn_update, so I think that is a problem in the repository
(seems that those .a files are not in the repository?)

same with trunk\GRRLIB\lib\png\lib\wii,

#4 2009-08-19 12:16:17

BlueChip

jespa,

Thanks for the bug report.

Sorry about that ...it is now corrected - please `svn update`

What happened? 
...It was SVN trying to be clever - `svn add` omits compiled objects such as .o's and .a's to stop you accidentally checking in precompiled code
...It was also me being careless - I know SVN does this, and I simply forgot to specifically include these files hmm

BC

I can be found on efnet, freenode, msn, gtalk, aim, ychat & icq ...PM me for details

#5 2009-08-19 16:26:39

jespa

Thanks, it's working now smile

I have been able to compile the bluechip/composition example and also some code I am writting.

Please don't forget to modify the Makefile  and main.c files you distribute in the examples directory, so every example can be built by noobs.

Thanks for your work.

#6 2009-08-21 22:51:03

BlueChip

I have started cleaning up the demos.  There are still three that need changing.
1. composition demo ...directory structure needs to be changed so top-level makefile will work
2. nonameno03 & lesson01 ...require grrlib_addon

#1 is very much my problem ...however, I wonder if the whole driectory naming for the demos is wrong ...using our names to identify the demos is going to get very confusing - how do people feel about naming the directory after the demo inside and then just putting our name in a comment or readme file?
#2 when I did the lib port I ignored the addon code as it is very specific ...so my question is this:
@NoNmaeNo: Are there any functions in the addon code which should be included in the standard GRRLIB library?  If so, I will moe them there - if not, I will move them to the demo directory.  (Of course we can split the code if required)

BC

#7 2009-08-23 17:57:09

BlueChip

OK...
I have taken a close look at what is in addon.c
This is what I have done for now...
  lesson1 : ScrShot() has been embedded in the demo code
  nonameno03 : The entire GRRLIB_addon code has been moved to this demo directory [including ScrShot()]
  bluechip/composition : Moved to composition/ and added "wrtten by bluechip" to a comment in the code
  template : Fixed makefile so `make run` will ensure the DOL is up to date before sending it to the Wii
  ...source code and makefile are now fully annotated
I have also tweaked the top-level makefile to separate output cleanly and talk about svn instead of cvs

Please let me know if these changes are agreeable wink

BC

PS. I forgot to say, I would like to see ScreenShot and LoadBinaryFromFile (wrapped in LoadImageFromFile) added to the GRRLIB main library in due course - when this happens, lesson1 and nonameno03 will need to be modified again.

Last edited by BlueChip (2009-08-23 17:58:50)

Board footer