You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-04 20:16:45

xeemo

[RESOLVED] a few general questions.

Just have a few simple questions.

1. In the draw image command what does the 4th condition specify?  In this example it's 0, and in lesson 1 it's also 0. 

GRRLIB_DrawImg(10, 50, tex_test_jpg, 0, 1, 1, GRRLIB_WHITE);

2. In the printf command, what's the 5th condition for?

GRRLIB_Printf(5, 100, tex_BMfont4, GRRLIB_WHITE, 1, "TO QUIT PRESS THE HOME BUTTON.");

3. In the draw rectangle command, what's the last condition?  GRRLIB_Rectangle(left + 150, top + 150, 200, 200, 0x0000FFC8, 1)  the comments seem to say it's alpha.  Is there a reason to have it alpha, or perhaps put in 2 and have it be beta (if that's even what putting in 2 would do)?

4.  Is there a draw circle command?

Answers to the following questions would be appreciated.  Currently I'm just recreating an old pong game from basic, but i  thought it would be nice to better know the commands for when I make a more complex game.

#2 2009-09-04 20:58:33

Crayon
Bad Mother Fucker

Re: [RESOLVED] a few general questions.

I think all your questions could be answered by looking at the HTML documentation: http://code.google.com/p/grrlib/downloads/list

Open the file named index.html and use the search engine at the top.

#3 2009-09-04 20:59:44

elisherer

1. angle of rotation (around the handlex and handley of the GRRLIB_texImg struct)
    you can set it with GRRLIB_SetHandle (GRRLIB_texImg *tex, const int x, const int y)
2. it's the zoom factor (i dont recommend using it because it's bitmap, using freetypeGX is the prefered)
3. 1-filled,0-not filled ; you can use 'true' and 'false' as well. (alpha is the least significant 2-bytes of the color)
4. GRRLIB_Circle (const f32 x,  const f32 y,  const f32 radius, const u32 color, const u8 filled);

have fun creating!

#4 2009-09-04 21:22:18

xeemo

Wow, that helped a lot, thanks!  I didn't even know there was documentation, so that should be really useful.

Board footer